Parent Survey for Opening Schools Fall 2020-21 (Please complete by 6/3/2020)
We believe that parents/guardians have an important voice in what school will look like for their children when they return to school in August. For this reason, we have launched a survey (see links below) for parents/guardians to share their thoughts and opinions on the reopening of schools for the 2020-2021 school year. Please complete the survey by June 3.
Annual SOEP Pledge Drive
Successful Fall Pledge Drive!
Silver Oak is so very fortunate to be a part of a community that supports its public school, and raises it to the highest standard possible. We would like to thank all the families that renewed their commitment to partner with Silver Oak this year through your generous contributions to the fall pledge drive. With the pledge drive funds raised and help from corporate matching of donations, SOEP/PTO projects that we will be able to provide all of our planned classroom enrichment programs, grants, and support to our school!
Fall Pledge Drive funds provide for all of our K-6 classroom art & music programs, as well as our classroom technology investments, and grants for each teacher to help with the cost of classroom expenses. We also cover half the cost of a dedicated S.T.E.A.M. specialist to ensure our onsite lab remains cutting edge, and is used by all students and teachers to its fullest potential.
For families that would still like to pledge their support, the PLEDGE FORM will remain open all year. Donations are needed and appreciated throughout the year as there are long-term school projects that require saving over multiple years to execute! A few of those projects include resurfacing the track around the field, and replacing our school stage extension.
Thank you all again for your support!
SOEP/PTO Pledge Drive Goal
WHY We Pledge...
- SOEP spending is prioritized to go directly into the classrooms and benefits all students.
- SOEP invests over $350 per child for all students at Silver Oak throughout the year in the way of classroom enrichment programs, materials, technology, and our S.T.E.A.M. Lab operation.
- SOEP pledge dollars raised are spent during the CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR. We commit to programs and instructors in advance, and work to raise the needed funds each fall. Should we come up short, immediate adjustments would need to be made.
- FRINGE BENEFITS: Your child could qualify to receive various prizes and incentives according their pledge level. These prizes can include field trips, gift cards, game tickets, memorabilia... and much more!
How Do I Pledge?
Families can pledge for single or multiple Silver Oak students at once. There are two ways you can submit your pledge:
- ONLINE PLEDGE: Your pledge information and payment may be submitted online. Although the drive is now over, the form will remain open all year. Please *CLICK HERE* to visit now.
- PAPER PLEDGE FORM: During the pledge drive, forms are sent home via your child's classroom. Completed forms and payments are submitted to your child's teacher, or deposited in the PTO mailbox in the office. (if pledging for multiple children, only one form is necessary). Checks are made payable to "SOEP" (= Silver Oak Educational Partnership)
What Are the Different Pledge Levels?
PLEDGE DRIVE PLEDGE LEVELS:
We encourage all families to pledge $350 per student to allow us to meet our current program and materials investments. If you are able to pledge a higher amount than $350, it allows SOEP to explore other ways to invest in our classrooms and better support the needs of our teachers.
Extracurricular programs are organized by SOEP/PTO, but they are NOT FUNDED by pledge dollars. Programs such as after school band, choir, Math Olympiad, Math Kangaroo, and theater are self-funding programs that are paid for by registration fees.
We strongly believe that your investment in the SOEP is a good one... it directly benefits every child at Silver Oak, and continues to make our school an extraordinary learning environment. Thank you for your support.