Public High School Shadowing
When should I schedule a shadow visit?
Eight grade students are welcome to schedule a shadowing date at their leisure, although students are encouraged to schedule a shadowing visit on a day when their middle school is NOT in session if at all possible.
How far in advance should I schedule a shadowing visit?
Please allow the Shadowing Team one week to schedule a visit. If you would like a specific date, let them know.
How do I schedule a shadowing visit?
Those shadowing should call or email the school secretary for the correct contact information
What is the dress code for shadowing?
The dress code of an average middle school also applies at high school. For instance, shorts must exceed the fingertips and tank tops must have a width of at least three fingers.
Evergreen Valley High School
The EVHS shadowing program is usually offered sometime in March. On shadowing day, 8th grade students should arrive on campus at 8 a.m. They must check into the Reception Desk of the front office (off Quimby at the front of the school) and then are escorted to Cougar Hall where their assigned Leadership students will meet them and take them to their classes for the day. Participating middle school students must submit the Release of Liability form, arrange their own transportation to and from this event and complete the Sign Up form online. Students must come to the front of the school and not the back (Arcade Avenue). Lunch is provided for the students, however they are welcome to bring snacks and water or money to buy some food at break. School ends at 1:30 p.m., so students will need to make arrangements to return to their home school and get picked up from Evergreen.
Our shadowing program is popular so please make sure to complete all necessary forms and submit them or your spot will be released to other students. If you any specific questions, contact email@example.com or our Activities Director, Virginia Yenter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Evergreen Valley High School looks forward to greeting your wonderful students in March. Dates will be posted on the front page of Chaboya's school website once they are announced.
Silver Creek High School
Silver Creek High School’s Shadow Program invites prospective students to experience a day as a Raider. During a shadow visit, eighth grade students are paired with a Leadership student. Visitors will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the Silver Creek community by spending a full school day on campus. Guests will be able to participate in classroom activities, eat lunch with the student body, and meet faculty and staff. Students are invited to come and enjoy a day at SCHS.
Private High School Application and Shadowing
Parents, if your child is applying to a private high school, here are some items we will be requesting from you.
- Principal Phil Bond will mail out transcripts and state test scores after the second semester grades are posted.
- You will need to provide an addressed envelope with a stamp as well as a signed parental release from each high school you are applying to.
- The applications direct you to get a recommendation from the principal, however, we have been informed that this instruction is geared towards private feeder schools, not public schools. Instead of a principal recommendation, a second teacher recommendation will be accepted. No principal recommendations will be written.
- If you have questions related to private high schools, direct your questions to the high school(s) you are applying to. We do not have that information.
- Please remember that shadowing is an “unexcused” absence. Please plan for this when school is not in session.
- We do not provide or sell stamps for the envelopes.