Dear Laurelwood Friends and Community Members,
Laurelwood Elementary is pleased to announce that last year's Sponsorship program was a huge success! Without the support of our community, Laurelwood would not have been able to accomplish so much. Last year through the help from our Sponsors, we were able to provide every classroom with a grant, assemblies, the purchases of additional technology for every classroom, a creation of a new school garden, new purchases for the school library, and we were able to introduce several new free enrichment programs including Spanish enrichment, coding, and school wide STEAM classes. Our goal this year is to continue these same programs and potentially add a few more programs. In order to meet these goals, we need your help!
In collaboration with Laurelwood Elementary, our PTA will be helping to drive the fundraising efforts needed to raise the money to support the school in reaching its goals. We would like to invite you to participate in our sponsorship program. Your donation or in-kind gift will make a huge difference in the success of Laurelwood Elementary.
As a Sponsor, you will be helping to fund several initiatives such as:
- Continue our year round free afterschool coding classes. (Approximate cost: $11,000)
- Continue the offering of aSTEAM class at each grade level. (Approximate cost: $17,500)
- Continue the Spanish enrichment program, Level 1 and Level 2 classes. (Approximate cost: $5,000)
- Subsidize the cost of Faculty SEAT Hours which will no longer be provided by the District. These SEAT hours compensate teachers for the extra time spent on programs such as the school Spelling Bee, Talent Show, Project Cornerstone, Science Camp, and etc. (Approximate cost: $6,500)
- Introduce a new garden club. Students will learn about gardening, composting, and more. Funds will be used to fund one credentialed teacher (Approximate cost: $2,500)
- Offer 1-2 more enrichment courses.This may include a drama or arts class, an additional foreign language, reading program, or more. (Approximate cost: $2,500 per class)
- Fund school assemblies and afterschool family/community workshops and events. ($5,000)
- Assist with the purchases of additional technology including 2 more Chromebook carts. The goal is to have 1 Chromebook for every upper grade student. ($32,000)
In return for your generosity, we would like to offer you some marketing opportunities. As a Sponsor, you will be recognized according to the sponsorship level you choose. This may include business advertisement at our school's biggest fundraiser, our annual Harvest Festival, which will be held on October 26, 2018. Your donation (Cash or in-kind) is 100% tax deductible.Our success depends greatly on our partnership with our teachers, students, parents, community members, and sponsors. Together we can continue to develop and foster global minded citizens, world learners, and future leaders.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach MyLinh Chan at (408) 568-8850.
Laurelwood Elementary and Laurelwood PTA is committed to ensuring that every child is given every possibility to thrive and succeed. It would be an honor to have your support. We hope that you will take into consideration our Sponsorship Opportunity and look forward to working with you.
MyLinh Chan, PTA President and Sponsorship Coordinator
Platinum Sponsor (Cash donation of $5,000 or more):
Gold Sponsor (Cash donation, goods, or services valued at $2,500 - $4,999):
Silver Sponsor (Cash donation, goods, or services valued at $1,500 - $2,499):
Bronze Sponsor (Cash donation, goods, or services valued at $500 - $1,000):
Friend of Laurelwood (Cash donation, goods, or services valued at $250-$500):
Event Only Sponsorship (Cash donation, goods or services valued at $50 or more):