Emotional and Social Wellness
Infectious disease outbreaks such as COVID-19, as well as other public health events, can cause emotional distress and anxiety. Feeling anxious, confused, overwhelmed or powerless is common during an infectious disease outbreak, especially in the face of a virus with which the general public may be unfamiliar. These feelings of distress and anxiety can occur even if you are not at high risk of getting sick.
People that are feeling emotional distress related to COVID-19 can take actions to help support themselves and others.
Coping Tips and Emotional Wellness
- Practicing Mindfulness with Children
- Setting Up a Routine
- Managing Stress & Anxiety During an Outbreak
- Tips to Practice Self Care During COVID-19
- Dealing with Grief
- Staying Motivated during Distance Learning
- Talking with Children about COVID-19
- Video and App resources for staying active, watching educational and family appropriate videos and shows, and more!
- Resources for At-Home Learning - Tools to help parents and caregivers keep kids focused and learning at home.
information provided by
Evergreen School District Counselors & Social Workers
Beatriz Fernandez, IG @ms.fernandez_schoolcounselor
Jennifer Walczak, IG @ms._walczak_school_counselor
Jenna Braga , IG @counselorbraga
|School Social Worker |
School Social Worker
Cynthia Howard, IG @MsHoward_SchoolSocialWorker